Friday 30 October 2015

Rejoice! For 'tis the end of Sober October, may ye all drink wine and be merry once more

Okay I know it isn’t *technically* the end of Sober October, but my friends and I started two days early so we can *technically* have a tipple or two tonight, right?

I have mixed feelings about Sober October. On one hand I actually enjoyed it (yes, enjoyed it! Shock, horror!) Over the past few weeks, I’ve had really productive weekends (which I need right now, what with planning a wedding and all). AND I lost a few pounds, hurrah!

On the other hand, however, it was kind of dull. Tom and I practically became recluses for the month, which again, was good for the wedding planning side of things, but not so good socially-wise.

It was also strange/awful not having a glass of red with red meat. We had steak a couple of times, a lamb tagine one evening and spaghetti meatballs another, and I was really, really, REALLY craving a nice red. We tried grape juice as an alternative, but no… just, no.

We’re bidding farewell to Sober October properly tomorrow evening and having a Halloween party with booze a plenty. I know I’ll probably miss that smug Sober October feeling on Sunday morning when I’ll just want to spend the day lying on the sofa in my PJs, eating popcorn and watching re-runs of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

I do think I’d be up for another sober month at some point and would encourage anyone to give it a go if they fancy a bit of a detox because you definitely do feel better for it. Unfortunately (?) I’ll be missing out on Dry January because my hen party is on January 16th which I am so excited about! My closest friends and I have booked an apartment in Liverpool and we’re going to have such a fun, mad, definitely-not-dry night! x

My not-very-Sober-October-appropriate coasters

No comments:

Post a Comment